Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i'm desperate!! baby will not take eat

Default Re: i'm desperate!! baby will not take eat

I know EXACTLY what you are going through my DD is the same way. She is almost 6 months old now and STILL WILL NOT take a bottle. I am also A nurse in the ER and I know the challenges involved. What I did is I went Per diem and I just work 4 hour shifts now and maybe one 8 a week. I just coldn't get her to eat......it is very stressful. hugs to you and your family.

Oh my heart goes out to you and your LO. My almost 7 mo old decides she doesn't like the bottle. Fortunately she has started solids so she gets her nutrition elsewhere and I still bf when I am at home. But golly, she has been putting up a fight at daycare and everyday is different.

Hang in there! It'll get better. It's so hard when she's 3 months.

its nice to know im not the only one w/ these probs!
    its also nice to know of another nurse/bf-ing/working mom
    its like its so hard to take care of others while i feel like im not taking care of my own. and i like my job and we decided my hubby would be a stay at home daddy for a while while i tried this new career, plus nursing $ is so good.....oh well. before we know it our kids will be asking for the car.
    little kids, little problems, big kids, big problems!!
    i wish my job would let me do 4 hour shifts! im med-surg/dialysis, and can only do 8 or 16's
    mom to a wonderful son: 7/5/05
    and beautiful little daughter: 1/17/08
    7lb 11oz at birth
    14.0 on 3/25/08!!
    17.0 on 4/26/08
    newly tandem nursing, born-again mama

Default Rei'm desperate!! baby will not take eat

AWW.. that's unfortunate, being able to do four hour shifts saved our family. I do an occasional 12 hour shift and my DD doesn't eat and my hubby has a hard time with her. Life can be so difficult at times!!! Wishing u LUCK!

well no good today again so far. i have it mapped out tat she will miss around 2 feedings a night. the 4 thirty feeding and the around 9 thirty. we will pack up and run up too work for the around 7 feeding. so that is 2 feedings a night. she does not make them up. well looking for solutions....l was thinking of introducing the cereal. any opinions on giving a 3 month old cereal?????????????? mixed with BM of course
    7lb 11oz at birth
    14.0 on 3/25/08!!
    17.0 on 4/26/08

well we gave up. she would rather starve than take a bottle or a cup or any of the aforementioned methods. screams, spits it out,, gets too upset. no point now.
    7lb 11oz at birth
    14.0 on 3/25/08!!
    17.0 on 4/26/08

I was hospitalized and unable to breastfeed 5 month old who was exclusively breastfed at the time, what worked for us was the medela soft feeder. You can probably look it up on the medela site. A big difference in our situation was DD truly had no option of breastfeeding so had to take EBM eventually but she would not take the bottle until about 2 weeks with that soft feeder. Unfortunately, the soft feeders are not cheap and your LO will probably be more resistant than mine because she does eventually get the breast when mom gets home. So sorry you guys are going through this.

oh my! how long did ur dd take before giving in? was she dehydrated? mine was gonna kill herself, it seemed, before she would give in. im sorry you had to go through that
    7lb 11oz at birth
    14.0 on 3/25/08!!
    17.0 on 4/26/08

I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. We tried giving our DS EBM for4 a month before starting work. We tried every bottle and me leaving for 4 hours at a time. The first 2 weeks were the hardest by we wrapped the bottle in a very worn T shirt of mine and sat him in his car seat and after 2 weeks he took the bottle like a champ. I'm also a nurse and my DH brought him to the job daily for the first 2 weeks. Hope that helps. Also I put the milk I pump immediately in the fridge, mine spoils fast too. I was told by my ped an LC, maybe try that too. My baby was 5 months when I went back to work. Have you tried a syringe???? Also, mine was a snacker so my DH tried every 1 1/2 hrs. We only have 1 child though.
    Last edited by never2old; May 4th, 2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: more info

Also, what if you drive to them??