Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is it possible

Default is it possible

to go from an oald to not enough milk in a matter of a few days. since i came to the conclusion that i had an oald i would feed on one side till the next feeding then switch sides. but now it seems that my ds wants to eat all the time (which could either be a growth spurt or for comfort) i can only hear him eating for a min or so. but i dont know if he getting any. i watched some video on proper latching and i think he latching on wrong but i dont know how to fix it. he doesnt open his mouth up wide like they showed. i thought he was latching on fine but now im not sure. i hope when i go to my wic apt there will be someone there to help me cos i really enjoy bf. this may sound silly but this is why i think i have a lower milk supply. before when i had alot of milk i would take my bra completly off now i just pull down one side to feed. would that cause low milk if it just a normal bra and not a nursing bra? arg im so confused i dont know if hes gaining weight or getting enough. def. enough diapers. so hes getting some milk. i guess im just worrying too much

Default Re: is it possible

If he's having plenty of wet and poopy diapers (see here for details), you can feel confident that he is getting milk.

Is the latch uncomfortable for you?

Could you see your WIC peer counselor, or your local LLL Leader? Here's the info for the Tucson area:
    http://www.lllusa.org/web/TucsonAZ.html

Default Re: is it possible

its not uncomfortable but he barley opens mout { } literally about that wide. i actaully dont think it went down cos i been putting him on when hes fussy. so i think that helped. but i dont know if he getting the hindmilk. how long does it take between letdowns? cos the first one starts and then hell be on there for like 15 or so min. and not another one. so i switch sides and then i letdown again. and do the same thing. so if i keep switching like that would he be getting the hindmilk?