Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Update on my peanut

Default Update on my peanut

Hello ladies-my little Senja just turned 5 months yesterday (they grow too fast) and I brought her in for a weight check (a week late of dr's request...oops?) and she weighed a hefty 10lb 8.5oz I didn't actually talk to the doctor, and don't know what she'll think of the measly 9.5 ounce weight gain over the course of 1 month, but I guess if she has issues she'll call... I have come to realize in my mommy mind that she is just going to be a peanut. She is meeting milestones FAR before her time...her abilities truely frighten me! She has been up on all 4's rocking back and forth since 4.5 months, she has been rolling since 3 months, she can already sit up if she holds herself steady with her hands on the floor. Anyhow..I just wanted to give you all an update, and if the Dr. calls and makes issues, I'll probably be back looking for some ammo for her! I don't think she'll make an issue, she's been pretty good about thinking that dd is just a slow gainer...she knows the benefits of breastfeeding, and I hope that she won't try and sway me any other direction as I really like her as a dr.!! Anyhow...that's the latest here with my peanut...I'm sure this isn't the last you'll see of me!!
    Wife to the man of my dreams! 10/10/98

DD Kiara 4/00
    DD Moriah 12/01
    DD Senja 2/06

Thankful to be a stay at home mom and homeschooling mom!

Default Re: Update on my peanut

The weight gain does begin to slow down between 4-5 months. I'm glad your dd is doing so well. Great job!!! I know how hard it can be not to obsess about the weight thing.

My ds only gains 1.5 pounds between 4-6 months.

ANd Jenny you didn't say before that she has been so active! NO WONDER she's gaining slow! Most babies begin to slow between 6-8months because that's when they START to roll and crawl. They become more active, they burn more calories they gain less weight! If she been ROLLLING OVER since three months she's already burning off calories while the rest of our babies were just laying around eating and sleeping! I wish I had known that last time you were so worried! No wonder she's a slow gainer! She's Moving!

That is great. Any weight gain is a plus. I stopped worry about how much ds was gaining and just just praying that he would just continue to gain weight! Don't get bummed if she stays a small peanut-there is nothing wrong with that. DS will be 7 mo old next week and he can still wear 0-3 month clothes. Most of his clothes have to be 3-6 because he is too long for most of the 0-3 month clothes.
    Keep up the good work and don't let anyone's comments about how small your dd is bother you. And in my experience, I would not have started ds on cereal at 4 mo, like his GI and pedi suggested, because I feel like it affected my milk supply for a while.
    Congrats again on the weight gain!

Wow, your dd is active! I was wondering when babies start doing more. Maybe that is why my dd is so chunkster...she doesn't even try to roll over yet and hates tummy time.