Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! My baby won't take the bottle!

Default Help! My baby won't take the bottle!

My 6 mo. LO never had a problem with a bottle, whether it'd be EBM or formula. But the last few days she has fought and cried at a bottle coming near her. It would take an hour to get her to drink. This is a problem since she goes to daycare. She has no problem with nursing and has started solids 4 weeks ago. Nothing in her diet has changed besides that and I don't think there are any allergies.

any advice? thank you!!

Default Re: Help! My baby won't take the bottle!

My son started refusing the bottle at 7 months as well. Instead we started him on a sippy and a real cup. The sippy definitely took some practice but eventually he became a pro. He obviously wouldn't get as much as he did from the bottle, but at least he was getting something. And he always made up for it when I got home from work. Don't panic -- it will all work out.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

I agree, I think you should try a sippy. Some kids at 6 months are just ready to do a sippy cup. Have you tried that?

I agree. My LO started the sippy at 9 months and at 1 year was "drinking" from a normal cup. Now at 19 months she is a pro with a normal (small) cup.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk