Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No longer using the Nipple Shield!!!

Talking No longer using the Nipple Shield!!!

So, I've been meaning to post this for a while. DD is 6.5 months now and we haven't needed the NS for a couple weeks now. I don't even use it at night. She just started playing with it so much while eating that it would fly off sometimes. Then a couple times she would pull it off and immediately latch and eat without it. I think I was more attached to it than her... I can't tell you how freeing it is to finally not have to use it. I don't have to constantly rinse it or have mini panic attacks in the car wondering if I've just left it at home. I don't think it was the worst thing in the world using it, but just wanted to give some hope to other moms that are trying to wean from it, that sometimes it just happens

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: No longer using the Nipple Shield!!!

Congratulations! I know how exciting that is to finally be able to bf without it!!

Thats wonderful, congratulations!!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Way to go, mama!!!

And to Heather, I just looked at your siggy and we were married on the same day!

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

WTG! My lil one is almast 9 months and we still use it quite a bit, so that's great you got off of it. He latches badly still, so I wrok with him without it and when I am sore I use it. I wish I could be free from it, too! Great news!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Quote Originally Posted by mumma2thumper View Post
    WTG! My lil one is almast 9 months and we still use it quite a bit, so that's great you got off of it. He latches badly still, so I wrok with him without it and when I am sore I use it. I wish I could be free from it, too! Great news!
    Thanks everyone! mumma2thumper, good luck getting off of it. That's wonderful that you can go without it sometimes too. I think around the house it wasn't so much of an issue, but I hated dealing with it in public kwim? So if you can go without it in public, that's great

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09