Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where is my milk????

Default Where is my milk????

I have no idea what is going on!!! My lo is almost 9 months and has been eating cereal for a couple weeks and a little fruit. She is cutting her first two teeth and has been nursing well. I try to pump twice a day and always at least once. I had been taking two fenugreek a day to help with the pumping. I am only pumping to make a freezer stash as I stay home with my girls. So tonight I went to pump and barely got 3 ounces!!! My lo has seem satisfied at the breast, no problems so I know she is getting plenty but I am almost in a panic that I can't get any more while pumping. Surely to heavens I am not going to stop making milk!!! I nursed my first lo till she was 2 and hope to give as much with this lo. I have been cutting back my calories trying to shed some weight...that is the only thing I can think of. Ideas?

Default Re: Where is my milk????

I got to a point where I couldn't pump anything out but I know my lo was still getting some. Just remember that what you get from pumping really isn't a good indicator of how much milk you have.

I just don't get it though....Saturday night I was pumping 9 oz at a time and since then it has gone to almost nothing. Lo nursed twice last night and I feel full this morning....AARrggghhh!! So frustrating!!

First off to normally getting 9 oz at a time especially being able to nurse at the same time. I work during the day so I pump for my dd and I normally only get 6-7 oz at a time! If I try to pump for stash, in the evenings or on the weekend, when I have been nursnig her I only get about 2-4 oz a time! My dd just turned 9 months this past sat! I would say you are still doing good. I can tell you though from experience if you cut out too many calories your supply will drop. It happened to me so I picked up a few more calories & all better now!
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing