Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby has an ear infection, refusing solids!

Default baby has an ear infection, refusing solids!

my LO had a fever & bad ear infection all last week, stayed at home most of the week. We are doing baby-led feeding when it comes to solids, so when she was refusing to eat any solids, I didn't think I needed to worry since she was still breastfeeding. She is still not really eating anything today.

Anyone have similar experiences? How long did it take to get back to where your baby was eating solids again? My LO only now has 3 1/2 teeth, so she was just beginning to get into the solids ideas . . . until then she was really just playing with her food.

We had just cut out 1 less bottle at the nanny's before this illness! I was just beginning to think that we were making progress...

Default Re: baby has an ear infection, refusing solids!

thats normal when they don't feal well...
    maybe 2-3 days and baby should be eating more solids.

Babies and even toddlers will often reject solids for awhile until they feel 100% again. If you think about it even adults do this, we drink water and eat broth.

So totally normal, she will probably get back into the swing of things soon.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

thanks for the words of encouragement & the information. she is already beginning to eat again.