Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New Job Quick Question

Default New Job Quick Question

I wont keep your long I just have a quick Question...

I got a new job working 6-9am (No feeding missed) and again from 2-5pm but one feeding is missed. I cant pump on the job because I am driving for a Habilitation Center and have clients on the van. but I do miss a feeding that DH is using the freezer stock for. By the time I get home LO is ready to feed again.

Yesterday I pumped when I got home before I nursed but that made my body make MORE milk today in the afternoon. When do I get that extra Pump in so I dont have a missed feed and my Freezer Supply doesnt run out? No Pump = No bottle for DH to give.

I cant do it in the morning because he nurses twice before I leave so there isnt a missed feed in the am shift. I am home between shifts to nurse on demand but because of the AM shift he likes to nurse 3 times in that 5 hour gap so I cant pump then. The rest of the evening he goes about every 3 hours and then every 4 hours through the night. None of this leaves a down time to catch up.

If I pump one side while feeding the other my supply sky rockets. I dont know if its normal but I am regulated yet one extra pump (while nursing) makes enough for triplets the next day!

When would you suggest Pumping?

Default Re: New Job Quick Question

That's a tough one, the only thing I can think of is pumping on one side while LO nurses. Even though your supply increases when you do that, I would think after several days of doing it your supply will regulate and not be so abundent.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I'm sure a more experienced mama will have a better answer.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Today im going to try to pump after work in the evening but before i leave. That will leave a hour between pump and nurse and see if that helps.

BUMP- Supply slowly going down!

Most mamas find that they have the most supply in the morning. Even after your lo eats on both sides, you may get enough for a bottle by double pumping. Can you try that before you leave/after you get home?

Also, your lo may adjust to your schedule and start to eat only when you are home. Some lo do this because they just want their mommies!

Try eating oatmeal, and drink lots of water while you are away! Both help with supply
    Good luck and keep us posted!!!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

I added a session before bedtime that helped me get a little, and i drank a bunch of mothers milk tea
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!