Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Good, affordable scale?

Default Good, affordable scale?

Hello!

I have low supply issues and I'd like to know how much BM my LO consumes. When he was young, I rented a very accurate scale. Now that he's 6 months and 20 pounds, a less accurate (and cheaper!) scale would be fine. Half-ounce increments would be good enough. And the scale would need to have a lock-in feature because my LO wriggles like crazy!

Can anyone recommend such a scale? I've seen ones by Tanita and Seca in the $200 - $300 price range, which would be OK.

TIA!
    Deborah

Default Re: Good, affordable scale?

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/L...gSep06p51.html

maybe this would help..
    My doctors office will let you use their scale for free...
    That just seams like a lot of $$$
    that you could use for other things!

Default Re: Good, affordable scale?

Could you tell us a little bit more about your low supply problems and do you have a doctor or IBCLC who are recommending that you weight your LO often?

If it's for your reassurance - many mothers find that counting diapers is a really great (and free!) way to make sure that their LO's are getting plenty of milk.

Perhaps a Lactation consultant or your doctor would have a scale that you can use - for just in between weight checks!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!