Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: homemade foods

Wink homemade foods

Hi just wanted to know what foods everyone makes at home. I have been giving DS pears, peaches, strawberries, blueberries,bananas, sweet potatoes..etc. But what other veggies does everyone make??? Just wondered. I freeze and store too. Also when do you start meats??

Thanks

Default Re: homemade foods

I use this site for making my own food. It has anwers to just about any question you could have. So when I want to introduce a food I just go on there and find out the best way to prepare it. For veggies, I've made peas, green beans, and sweet potato. I think you can start meat really any time, but my pedi's handout said to wait until 8 months so I think I'll do that.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

The site mentioned in the pp rocks!

Other veggies we do at 9 months: parsnips, peas. carrots, acorn squash*, avocado*, cauliflower, regular potato, yellow summer squash, zucchini...cooked, pureed, and frozen (except avocado!)...

*eats like candy!

Just wanted to say that corn and strawberriews can cause allergies in babies under one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

I have my homemade food routine down to a science (for now, until he grows into another stage ). In one evening I make every meal for the week, except breakfast is just fruit, oatmeal and bm, so I can't make that ahead of time. But for lunches and dinner, I make two different meats (beef, chicken, turkey or wild-raised salmon), green veggies (peas, broccoli, zucchini), other veggies like butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes), and mix it with some beans for extra protein and some butter/olive oil for some good fats in various combinations, then freeze them. Each container will have some from each group. I steam all the green veggies at once in a colinder over water in the stove, then all the other veggies together, etc. I bake the meat. Anyhow, this works great for us. Just defrost for a few minutes and there ya go
    I'm proud to be first woman in my family to breastfeed!
    cloth diapering convert!
    Loving the homemade baby food!