Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passing Down Bad Habits

Default Re: Passing Down Bad Habits

Quote Originally Posted by Seb's mommy View Post
    My DH has been practicing MMA and watching (myself included) UFC for many many years. We have even been to a couple of live events. My DS is 16 months and my husband and I already agreed that we do not want our son watching UFC at all until he is at an appropriate age....maybe that age is 10, 11 or above or maybe not at all? I have no idea yet. In any case I personally do not feel that a 3 year old should be watching it because it can be quite brutal with the blood and all. I would imagine that can be a scary sight for such a small child to see. Can you try to put DS to bed before the fights come on? If not, I myself would sacrifice and take son in another room if he is still up. UFC is on often enough now that if you miss one, you be able to see another one next month.

PS - Matt Serra is married to my cousin so of course I am rooting for him!
    Oh my gosh, my husband is a huge Matt Serra fan! I like him and he was very funny on all those reality shows we watched. I would like him to win, but GSP is just the man right now and with it being in Canada... I know I'll see another one, but this one is just too big to miss. I want Matt to win so he can get a shot at Hughes.

We've been to some local shows and I really enjoy the action, but that is not an atmosphere I would ever take my child to. Thanks for your thoughtful advice and opinions. I will probably have to find somewhere to stash my son where he can't watch the fights because the closer it gets, the more I want to watch.

If you talk to your cousin, send them all our luck!

Why can't you bf in another room?

I don't know too much about it but from what the others describe, it sounds inappropriate for a small child. They may be able to understand what they see but they don't understand WHY and things like that.

There has to be SOMEWHERE else you can go....plus, if they're very late at night wouldn't your son be sleeping anyway? If it is disrupting his sleeping, maybe fight night might have to be moved to his buddies' houses and taped for you to watch when DS isn't around...

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Why can't you bf in another room?

I don't know too much about it but from what the others describe, it sounds inappropriate for a small child. They may be able to understand what they see but they don't understand WHY and things like that.

There has to be SOMEWHERE else you can go....plus, if they're very late at night wouldn't your son be sleeping anyway? If it is disrupting his sleeping, maybe fight night might have to be moved to his buddies' houses and taped for you to watch when DS isn't around...
    Another good idea, but they can't go somewhere else. Last time Serra won vs. GSP they were all here so tradition says that it should be at the same place so nobody gets jinxed.

I've almost made up my mind not to worry about it this time and just start worrying about it next time. After all, the fight is this Saturday and what is one more event?