Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bras bras bras

Default Bras bras bras

OK ladies, how many of you are leakers and have to wear a bra 24/7? This is the ONLY think that I really dislike about BF. I would love to have some down time for the ladies LOL

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

Default Re: Bras bras bras

I used to and hated it. The past several months though I have thrown caution to the wind and gone bra free at night. Feels so good and worth the chance of a leak. My son nurses so frequently at night the chances of a leak are slim.....and the few times it has happened, its just been a little...just wet my shirt.

I say go for it! Try it and see what happens...if you gets soaked a lot and it bothers you you can always go back.

I found that at night and around the house just a little support works, so I don't have to always wear a bra.... If I wear a Cami with a shelf bra (not a nursing tank) and a neckline I can pull down, I can be assured that as long as I am nursing on demand I don't leak... I tried sleeping w/o a bra in any other type of t shirt or nightshirt I leak everywhere, large wet spots on the sheets etc...

PS I got 2 packs of nice long Camis at Costco for like 12 bucks, I wear one under my clothes everyday and just sleep in it that night...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I got tired of bras, so now if I'm home - I'm braless! Quicker access (especially as my LO is learning that my shirt is all that's between her and her milk when at home), and more comfortable. I do leak occasionally yet, but a little bit of wetness vs. my hate for bras atm... the wetness won

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

ME!!! When DS was waking up 3-4 times it wasn't so bad, but he's started sleeping longer (10-5:45 last night) and I don't want to wake up in a puddle. I do wear a nice comfy cotton bra at night, though so it's not too bad.

Yep, 24/7 bra wearer here too. Prior to being pregnant, I never really had boobs, so all this added weight that I'm not used to (A cup to now a C/D cup ) requires support. Especially in the mornings, since DS is sleeping longer. Remember the old childhood tease, "over the shoulder boulder holder"? Yeah, that's what I got going on in the mornings.
    Some say he blows out his diapers just so he can stay naked longer... and that if you take him to IKEA, he will try to chat up the brightly colored sample rooms on display in the store. All we know is, he's called THE LANCE.
    Born 12/28/07 6lbs, 12oz 20" long
    @ 20wks: 16.5 lbs, 27" long

I to my little man! (It's the only way I can get things done!)

I wish I could go at night with out the "over the shoulder bolder holder" but i"m way to BIG and I do leak a lot of the baby sleeps good. Sometimes I wake up and I wish I was attached to a pump/bottle so I don't loose all that booby juice to the pad. LOL

I live for the shower for that one fact that I can go bra less. Funny thing is if Jake is crying when I get out of the shower I leak like crazy and have to rush to get dressed.

Sometimes, I'm actually glad I'm wearing a bra at night, as DS has perfected the art of spitting up and having it go right down between my boobs! So I stuff a cloth diaper in there and the bra holds it in place, just for those moments.
    Some say he blows out his diapers just so he can stay naked longer... and that if you take him to IKEA, he will try to chat up the brightly colored sample rooms on display in the store. All we know is, he's called THE LANCE.
    Born 12/28/07 6lbs, 12oz 20" long
    @ 20wks: 16.5 lbs, 27" long

I to my little man! (It's the only way I can get things done!)

Quote Originally Posted by Terracide View Post
    Sometimes, I'm actually glad I'm wearing a bra at night, as DS has perfected the art of spitting up and having it go right down between my boobs! So I stuff a cloth diaper in there and the bra holds it in place, just for those moments.

Actually, I got use to wear bra 24/7.... I am always leaking, but even if I am not wearing a bra doesnt bother me... LOL