Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: prefering the bottle

Question prefering the bottle

My DD is 15wks old and I have been back to work for the past 6 weeks. She now (for the past week) wont nurse during the day, she will only take a bottle. She nurses just fine at night. I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do so that she will nurse during the day on the weekend. I really would like a break from my pump...
    I think that she likes the bottle so that she can look around, but even in a dark, quiet room w/ a blanket over her, she still cries when I try and nurse her. Its the only time she ever cries! I know that she is hungry, because if I give her a bottle after trying for 10-15 minutes, she downs 3 oz easily.
    Any suggestions? Anyone else experience this?
    Reagan Allison
    Born 12/29/07
    7 lbs 3 oz
    Goals:
    Nurse 1 month
    Nurse 3 months
    Nurse 6 months
    Nurse 9 months
    Nurse 1 year

Default Re: prefering the bottle

Just support here...we are going through the same thing since returning to work when DD was 11 weeks....she is now 6 mo. and still the same thing.
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Default Re: prefering the bottle

all i can say is take action now. Mine would bf during the night for a month then quit that too. Look up nursing strike and do what the recommendations are for that before you have a nursing strike like me. Mine hasn't nursed for a month! I blame the fast flowing bottle, but I don't have the heart to torture my big eater with syringes and such so I pump and do lots of skin to skin cuddling and just hope someday he will nurse again