Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hard and painful poops, but consistently happening 1-2 times per day...

Default Re: hard and painful poops, but consistently happening 1-2 times per day...

Okay, so I kept the same amt of veggies and fruit, but no cereal and no banana, so the overall amt is actually less. I forgot prunes and peaches on my foods list, so we can definitly do those, although I have to sneak in small amts of prunes bc ds doesn't like them. Today he had a total of 3 oz of peas and 3 oz of peaches. And as of yesterday he hasn't had any cereal. Ironically he didn't poop at all today. Strange. I'm going to see how his poop is tomorrow and then see if I need to back off of the solids some more. I will keep you posted. I so appreciate all of your input! Thank you!
    Erin
    <a href=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/sherllie/KateandOwenthumbnail.jpg target=_blank>http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...nthumbnail.jpg</a>

Default Re: hard and painful poops, but consistently happening 1-2 times per day...

What helped for my DD was to cut out as much fiber as possible and introduce more fats & proteins. Soup in particular seemed to be a turning point, because she loved it. I put lots of butter & olive oil in it and in anything I cook for her. That has really been the only strategy that has made a big difference for her. I hope your LO feels better soon!

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Dr. Sears recommends flax seed meal and flax seed oil for constipation. Unfortunatly, I didn't find that information in time to help my LO. Try to find the culprit FAST! My LO is 11 months old and I am now having a problem with him holding it because he is afraid to go. He has been having hard, painful poops since I started solids at 6 months. He screams in agony EVERYTIME he poops. I couldn't help him in time so now we have started a vicious cycle where he holds it, which makes it hard, which makes it hurt, which makes him hold it. I don't mean to scare you, but I am hoping you can avoid the problem I am having. I had no idea this could happen and now I have no idea how to make it stop!