Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yellow Milk

Default Yellow Milk

Okay, so been working for almost 3 weeks now ( back to work) and pumped for a month or so. Things are working out better than expected, only the past couple of days I've pumped a few bottles of VERY noticably yellow milk as compared to the white milk right next to it in the fridge. Could it be as simply as I took a different vitamin for a couple of days? what's up? any ideas? I'll see if it persists. Just something that deviated from the norm. WE WON"T even go into my precious LO hating the fake nipple to all
    1st time mom to Joshua, born 1/23/08 and I every minute of it!!!
    Exclusively and mostly !!
    never ends!

Default Re: Yellow Milk

Maybe your vitamin has extra beta carotene. That would do it.

I had this exact thing happen a few weeks ago. My prenatals do not change the color of my milk but I ran out and took a regular good quality multi and my milk was so yellow it was almost green!

It kinda freaked me out so I went back to taking the prenatals.

I agree it's probably the B vitamins or beta carotene.

I drank the Odwalla Blueberry B monster smoothie and my milk was pretty yellow. Sometimes foods have extra vitamins in them that you might not realize.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine