Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LO not eating as much???

Default LO not eating as much???

My dd has changed quite a bit this week. She usually goes through 15-18 oz of bm during the day at dc & has some veggie & fruit. Then in the evenings she will nurse about every 2 hours and during the night she would normally nurse around 11, 2, 4, 5 and then 6:15 right before we leave. This past week she has been going throuh 9-12 oz of bm during day, still nurses about every 2 hours in evening (we nurse on demand) and then at night she only wakes up once around 2 and then when my alarm goes off around 5:30 (we co-sleep). I am by no means complaining about getting more sleep but I am concerned because of the drastic slow down. I am still pumping the same amount sometimes a little more. I know my dc says that she is wanting to eat more of her solids now. Can she actually still be getting the same amount of bm in less feedings? Just a little concerned! She will be 9 mo on Sat. How much bm should she be having in a 24 hour period? She seems to be excelling well.
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

ericsmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: LO not eating as much???

I"m not sure how much bm they should get at 9 mo, but it sounds like lo is just starting to transition to more solids- and she may be getting enough milk during her evening feedings- becoming a more efficient nurser. It seems like the right time- also sleeping more at night- my lactation consultant told me that most babies don't need to be fed at night when they are 9 months. Have there been concerns with weight in the past? If she is still wetting her diapers enough than I would say not to worry. Good luck!

Default Re: LO not eating as much???

we have plenty of wet diapers and no problem with weight. She has always been in the 90-100 percentile for weight. I was thinking everything was okay, but since it was such a drastic change very quickly I think I just needed some reassurance. Thanks!
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing