Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Itchy while nursing

Default Itchy while nursing

When nursing Dd my breast become very itchy around my nipple. It happens before, during and after letdown. No amount of scratching helps. It feels like it is right under the skin.

I remember this happening with Ds, but I can't remember how long it lasted. Between letdown and this itching it's almost torture.

Default Re: Itchy while nursing

I have this sometimes. I guess it is just a side effect some people have. I also lose my appetite when I nurse (usually only for a few moments, but I can be hungry and then not at all if a matter of moments. I think it has to do with letdown!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope View Post
    When nursing Dd my breast become very itchy around my nipple. It happens before, during and after letdown. No amount of scratching helps. It feels like it is right under the skin.

I remember this happening with Ds, but I can't remember how long it lasted. Between letdown and this itching it's almost torture.
    HI!
    I get this, but not just around the nipple- sometimes my upper breast. After my morning shower I put a little lotion on the breasts and lanolin on the nips, so I don't dry-out and tear-up my skin too bad.

This itching you described is most likely due to hormones. You can read some info here:
    www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nausea-bf.html