Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help....

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: Please help....

Quote Originally Posted by danalynn724 View Post
    So when do I switch sides? After she stops swallowing? Or let it go a little longer than that???

She has been having a wet at least every time I feed her, which I figure is good... no poop since last night around 6....
    I'd switch after 5 or ten minutes or if she latches herself off. Way to go, momma!!!!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Default Re: Please help....

i just wanted to say and to hang in there!

also, i had cracks, splits, and bleeding in the beginning also and i used lanolin on my nipples...it was a godsend...it healed everything up really quickly and actually made it feel a little better. if you can, try to get some and put it on after every nursing session until your nipples heal up; it will really help. it's a $10 investment that will save you a lot of heartache. be careful tho, because it will stain your clothes (the oil in it), so use nursing pads in your bra.

hang in there mama-- it will get easier!
    ~carol