Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: supply

Question supply

ok so i finally got my new pump the PY and i would like some suggestions on how to increase supply. i am double pumping for 20 minutes which is like 15 minutes past when the milk stops flowing. i am going to start taking the more milk plus and fenugreek again today, and i have been letting him nirse like crazy.
    is it possible that some woman will never product more than 1oz per side?

Default Re: supply

Leighahh,
    If you scroll down there is a section specifically devoting to increasing your supply AND another one devototed specifically to pumping. I bet if you scroll down to both/either of those sections you'll find a bunch of really good ideas!
    Shelly

Quote Originally Posted by leighahh
    ok so i finally got my new pump the PY and i would like some suggestions on how to increase supply. i am double pumping for 20 minutes which is like 15 minutes past when the milk stops flowing. i am going to start taking the more milk plus and fenugreek again today, and i have been letting him nirse like crazy.
    is it possible that some woman will never product more than 1oz per side?
    The key to increasing your supply is frequent removal of milk, i.e. nursing or pumping. Try for 8-12 times per day. 10-12 is best. Are you getting 2 ounces from pumping after a nursing session?

Quote Originally Posted by jentut
    The key to increasing your supply is frequent removal of milk, i.e. nursing or pumping. Try for 8-12 times per day. 10-12 is best. Are you getting 2 ounces from pumping after a nursing session?
    no i am getting 2 oz without nursing after a nursing i am only getting a couple drops

How frequently is your baby nursing? How frequently are you pumping?

Whenever I pump, even if it is in place of a feeding, I never get more than 2 ounces collectively. I do pretty much ebf, though - I rarely pump.

I have been pumping at work since May 6 and if I get 2 oz total I get really excited. Some women just dont do well pumping. But I am lucky that it hasnt effected my milk when I am at home.

Quote Originally Posted by home executive
    How frequently is your baby nursing? How frequently are you pumping?
    i am nursing on demand although we seem to be going through some nursing strike or something lately so i have been nursing him every 2-3 hours and if he wont then i will give him ebm, i am getting still only 2 ounces but i am getting some reglan so that i can build a freezer stash for when i go back to work

i have a crazy oversupply in my LB so i get like 3-4 oz, but my RB i only can get an ounce or two even first thing in the morning....