Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: What kind of method did you use to increase your milk supply???

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I increased my supply using Domperidone or Reglan

14 36.84%
  • I increased my supply using Fenugreek or other herbs

17 44.74%
  • I increased my supply by pumping/nursing 24/7

17 44.74%
  • I increased my supply by pumping/nursing 24/7 but it decreased again

2 5.26%
  • I only nursed on demand to increased my supply

6 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increased supply succesfully

Default Re: Increased supply succesfully

Hi there - I've been recommended by many Chinese acupuncturist/herbalist that to help increase breastmilk, you should drink peanut milk. It has something to do with the proteins in peanuts that speeds production of your milk. You can get peanut milk in many asian grocery stores or peanut butter might do the trick.
    I haven't tried it only because peanuts are a known allergen on my side of the family.

I mean, it doesn't hurt to try since peanuts have a lot of needed proteins anyway, right?

Good luck!

Smile Re: Increased supply succesfully

Quote Originally Posted by Sambarou View Post
    No body has succesfylly increased her supply????? only me???? or nobody wants to vote????

Thanks for the voter
    So how did you successfully increase your supply? I am feeding my LO every 1 1/2-2 1/2 hrs and my supply is going up. Let me know.
    Married my soulmate Jay 4/22/06
    First time Mom to Alexis 10/29/07 6lbs 15oz 19 3/4 in
    6 month checkup 12lb 10oz 26 1/2 in
    7 month weight check 14lb 6oz - Yea!!
    9 Month checkup - 16lbs

and

Love to

Goal
    6 months
    9 months
    12 months

I just started taking Dom myself this past week. My lo is almost 6 months now, and up until 2 weeks ago I had been BFing exclusively with no problems, I even had an oversupply of milk. 2 weeks ago i was admitted to hospital and had to have an emergency appendectomy and was put on antibiotics and so had to discontinue BF for 6 days. I was pumping those days but my supply dramaticlly decreased. Once I could nurse again I tried BFing at least once every hour pretty much around the clock but 3 days later it still seemed like I had very little milk and was having to supplement with formula. So I went to my doc and she suggested Dom. I have been taking that for a week now and still nurse on demand and even when she doesnt seem hungry I will put her to the breast to suck (which she does happily). I think I am started to see a small increase in milk in the mornings, but I still have very little milk in the evenings. I am just wondering if anyone knows if Dom works well when you have already been BFing for so long (6 months for me) or if it really only works well right after you have a baby and you notice you have a low supply...my doc said she wasnt positive it would help me but that it was worth a try. Anyone else have experiance with this?

I didn't vote since I haven't succesfully increased my supply yet.

Ashley :BFing and Loving it for 6 months, and determined to keep trying!

I voted now too. Domperidone definately worked for me. But I was BFing 24/7 for 2 week during that time, so I like to think that had something to do with my success

I've increase my supply by taking 2 fenugreek pills, 15mg reglan and 1 brewers yeast pill a day. Plus pumping before each feeding and feeding on demand. I went from 1 oz to 3 oz in 2 weeks.

I have not had significant success with Reglan, and we are still supplementing 4-6oz per day of formula plus she drinks all the expressed milk in the evening that I pump each day. I'm going to call about domperidone this week and try that instead. Plus, Reglan seems to be making me more sleepy than I was before I began the scrip.
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008