Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: What kind of method did you use to increase your milk supply???

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I increased my supply using Domperidone or Reglan

14 36.84%
  • I increased my supply using Fenugreek or other herbs

17 44.74%
  • I increased my supply by pumping/nursing 24/7

17 44.74%
  • I increased my supply by pumping/nursing 24/7 but it decreased again

2 5.26%
  • I only nursed on demand to increased my supply

6 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increased supply succesfully

Default Increased supply succesfully

Hi... many of you mom knows that I am Domperidone user ever since I had supply issues about 6 months ago.... my supply had been great, but I run out of Domperidone 2 weeks ago ... I had not seen any changes in my supply untill today I was 2oz down my normal output....

I am wondering....

How many of you increased and kept your supply successfully with out using domperidone, reglan or other herbs or drugs????

I want to try increasing or keeping my supply with out using Domperidone anymore... I dont know if its possible, but I want to try it... I had problems cause I was using birth control pill between other things, but my supply is been great that may be my body adjust to the new demand!!!... I am hoping it did....

Default Re: Increased supply succesfully

No body has succesfylly increased her supply????? only me???? or nobody wants to vote????

Thanks for the voter

I was waiting to see what worked on everyone else so I could try it myself.... so I'm no help at all
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

One caution I would give you (my personal advice, I am NOT a medical professional) is that stopping Domperidone suddenly can result in a drop in your supply. It's much better to reduce it slowly if you can. I successfully weaned myself off it, but it took a while. Dr. Jack Newman has instructions about how to wean yourself off of Domperidone that you can find online. Good luck!

I wasn't successful at upping my supply at all, but I never tried the reglan or dom., I just tried all the other herbs (sometimes together) and pumping etc.
    Jennifer, child passenger safety technician and mama to,
    AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), and Olivia (2/12/09)

Quote Originally Posted by melsod View Post
    One caution I would give you (my personal advice, I am NOT a medical professional) is that stopping Domperidone suddenly can result in a drop in your supply. It's much better to reduce it slowly if you can. I successfully weaned myself off it, but it took a while. Dr. Jack Newman has instructions about how to wean yourself off of Domperidone that you can find online. Good luck!
    Thanks for the advise... yes, I read it... well I was thinking in getting off Domp to I decrese the dose to "O" until I had no more..... but dont know for how long my supply will be ok... so far still good... i am nursing on demand...(while I am home)

I just wonder what made you feel your supply was low to begin with? Had you seen this link?

(I voted )
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My lo wasnt gaining any weight whenever I was EBF, in contrary to suplementing she would gain good 2-3oz/day (at about 5 wks pp)....at 2-3 wks pp I was able to pump good 4 oz every seasion.... I started taking Birth controls pills around 4 weeks pp and the max I was able to pump for the entire day was 10ml..... (notice my lo is a premie so I pump since day 2... due to my condition my ob put her on formula right away ... I was so mad for that I had to ask how to begin BF....) then a friend of mine told me about this LLL, and I found this site I got in touch with LLL to talk about the problem and find out that taking birth control pills is a bad idea for breast feeding moms, and could be the reason why my supply was low..... She recomend me to change to a different type the of birth control and consider taking a boost for my supply... she did some research and got in touch with another LLL who advise to take Domperidone.. and that how I start taking it God bless for that cause now my lo is 10 mo, off formula and still bf.... And thats my and my lo history

My lo was FF for like 1 - 2 months (about the 2-3mo) I was pumping every 2 hours around the clock, drinking plenty of water, juice, oats etc as I was advice by the nurse when my lo was dischaged.... the supply reduce to like 20 ml per pumping seasion, but nobody thought it was a problem cause she was a premmie and was only taking 15ml per feeding so I was actually pumping more then what she need it.....

Problem was when she wasnt gainin any weigh and actually losing I was freaking out cause it took me a whole lot of work to get her to 4lb that I cuold not afford he to loose weight KWIM!!!!

My history is so stressful that when I look back and see all the things that we went trought and see her now (crowling perfectly, walking when you hold her hand or holding herself on the furniture, saying MAMAMAMA or PAPAPAPA) if feels great!!!!

It seems like most moms out her prefer to pump/nurse on cute or "24/7" to increase supply....