Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early morning weaning....

Default Re: Early morning weaning....

Thank you! Misty that AskMoxie blog was SO helpful, with a few tips for me! I will get the black-out fabric for the windows and try an earlier bedtime.

Another thing, I'm considering adding a meal or snack before bed. We eat dinner around 530 or 6 and thats the last time he eats solids for the night. Thats an awfully long time for a little tummy to go without food. Especially since hes a picky toddler

I did notice that he had a big pee in his dipe before going back to sleep. I'm wondering if putting him onhis potty (in the bedroom) would help.

Lately when he wakes up from sleep/nap he says this word that I CANNOT for the life of me figure out. I'm trying so hard to decipher it.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

OMG! Blackout shades for us are essential!

Before I was able to go out and get shades - I taped black garbage bags over the windows.

Not a very glamorous decorating statement, but made a huge difference in DS sleeping (especially for naps).
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

I forgot that the 4 am waking went on for awhile, but it was the last long stretch before STTN for us. 12 glorious hours! Your day is coming soon.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

We had blankets over the windows but took them down when we put our house on the market.

Well, hes still fast asleep in my lap at 815. I think if it wasn't for the 1.5 hour sleep fight we would have a normal morning and I could've still been sleeping. I have a hard time getting back to sleep after that. So nursing at 430 really would help. I think what sucks is its 330, 430, 500, 530. Its a really restless time.

ETA Misty, I you for saying that! One day....one day!!!
    Lyn

We're kind of working on the night weaning thing, too. DS always has ice cream in the evening (not the best snack, but he really likes the ritual of it). The last couple of nights after that he's gotten a more substantial b/c we've been making DH's lunch for the next day. He asked for a piece of turkey and a piece of cheese last night and also ate some Kix. He went down around 10 and didn't wake until 4, which is quite a bit later than usual. I think it helped.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

Are you taking fish oil? How about b6? Those helped a lot for me. I had the same feelings for a brief time with Haylee. You can take anti-depressants while bfing and prgegnant and it might just be the solution. Do you have a copy of "Adventures in Tandem Nursing"? I will be glad to share mine with you. This is a normal feeling and will likely subside, but it might also be your body telling you to stop some of the nursings. Can you drop one during the day to make up for this particular one? Mabye less nursings overall would help, but this might be one of the ones you have to keep to make things easy for all of you. Part of the reason we nightweaned was because of the feelings of anger--I wanted her to just go away when she woke during the night. I am SO sorry that you have to go through this, but it will get better. Hopefully, it will be brief!!!!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

No advice, just some empathy. My lo also does the 4:30 until about 7 or 8 cluster feeding. We are just trying to cut down on the daytime nursings now and then in a few months when daddy takes a vacation he can struggle with the nighttimes. I just keep reminding myself of the lyrics to the Trace Adkins (sp?) song: Some day you're gonna miss this.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Hi Lyn! Just wanted to let you know that it has been about a week or so since I weaned my son from his early morning nursing. He is finally sleeping longer. He had been waking between 4-5:30, like your son. But, after about a week of just giving him drinkable yogurt or a full blown breakfast (depending on what time he woke up) and then laying him back down, he is now sleeping until 6:30-7. I am probably jinxing myself by writing this, but I know you wanted someone to tell you that it gets better, so that's what I'm doing. Good luck!
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

Lyn - what time are you saying is you Dr Jay "no nursing" time slot?
    Maybe shift that a bit??? Ours was from 12-6
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    Lyn - what time are you saying is you Dr Jay "no nursing" time slot?
    Maybe shift that a bit??? Ours was from 12-6
    Well, its a loose time slot right now. I'm really playing it by ear as we go along. For now its from bedtime (730-800ish) til that 430 wake up since I know right now it would be fighting against a developmental milestone/sleep regression and I might aswell just

Some nights he does well, some nights, not so well. ITs hard because I'm trying to respond to his cries as I know them. If he is hysterical, I nurse him. I sometimes feel like "Oh no, am I giving in and teaching him to cry to get his way?" But then I realize,this will all come with time. If I want to be strict, I'd do CIO, right? Just trying to convince myself.
    Lyn