Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 wk old sleep patterns changing

Default Re: 15 wk old sleep patterns changing

my lo slept 6-7 hr stretches for about a week, & she is now 6mos old and it's never happened again. she's been teething for over 2 mos (no teeth yet) though, so I assumed it was the teething.

Exclamation Re: 15 wk old sleep patterns changing

i guess it can take a while.
    so when can you give them oregel or reliever?
    & will this affect BF? like bitting & pain for me?
    Thanks

Yeah, it can take a while. These teeth are erupting through skin tissue. (aren't you glad that they can't remember this, and that you can't remember your own teething phase?)

I have been told that at this age, babies are too young for Oragel, as it does interfere with their ability to latch correctly, as well as it numbs the breast a bit, retarding milkflow. Many moms I know have recommended Hylands teething tablets, which are a homeopathic remedy. I personally have been having a hard time finding them locally here, so I've been giving my son one dose of Tylenol a day, before bedtime, so he at least can get a good night's sleep. During the day, nursing works well for pain relief for us, since the act of nursing releases pain-reducing endorphins for the baby.
    Last edited by Terracide; April 12th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Some say he blows out his diapers just so he can stay naked longer... and that if you take him to IKEA, he will try to chat up the brightly colored sample rooms on display in the store. All we know is, he's called THE LANCE.
    Born 12/28/07 6lbs, 12oz 20" long
    @ 20wks: 16.5 lbs, 27" long

I to my little man! (It's the only way I can get things done!)

I've also read that many babies go through a sleep regression between 4-6 months because so much brain development goes on. I think askmoxie has info about it. It might go on for a while, but it should get better.

DD popped a tooth at 5 months 2 days, so it can happen early! She'd been drooling HEAVILY since 2 months.

FWIW, our ped discourages oragel, says it can numb their throats too since they swallow it and therefore cause breathing/swallowing problems when asleep. I wasn't going to take the chance. I ordered the teething tablets from drugstore.com, couldn't find them locally.