Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 wk old sleep patterns changing

@llli*dally Guest

Default 15 wk old sleep patterns changing

x
    Last edited by @llli*dally; January 11th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

Default Re: 15 wk old sleep patterns changing

i am going through the same thing. my lo has slept through the night anywhere from 7-9 hours since he was 6/8 weeks old, and then all of a sudden at around 15 weeks he's been waking up to feed at night. i keep thinking it must be a major growth spurt although we are on 2-3 weeks of this now.
    i go for a well baby visit on wednesday and was going to ask the ped what he thought.

@llli*dally Guest

x
    Last edited by @llli*dally; January 11th, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

growth spurt??? he is almost 4 months...

I was going to suggest a growth spurt as well.

And, FWIW, babies actually change their sleep patterns around this age anyway.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Sounds like a growth spurt, or the early signs of teething. Is your LO drooling excessively or chewing?
    Some say he blows out his diapers just so he can stay naked longer... and that if you take him to IKEA, he will try to chat up the brightly colored sample rooms on display in the store. All we know is, he's called THE LANCE.
    Born 12/28/07 6lbs, 12oz 20" long
    @ 20wks: 16.5 lbs, 27" long

I to my little man! (It's the only way I can get things done!)

my lo has been teething for quite awhile now. we thought teething could aslo be the culprit. things are a little better for me now though since my husband has been more open to co-sleeping. he really didn't want us to, but he said it's the only way we could get some sleep. lo doesn't co-sleep all night. sleeps in crib when i first put him down and then when he wakes to feed around 2 or 3 he stays in the bed until morning.

Mine did the same thing - slept really really well at night, just getting up once around 3 am and going right back to sleep till 6-7 am. He did this from about 7 wks until 15-16 wks. He's now 4.5 months. Now he is much more unpredictable, some nights sleeps 6-7 hrs straight and others he is up every 2 hrs. I can not find any reason for this wide variation. He has been drooling and chewing on things a lot for weeks now. It's so frustrating, to know that he is capable of sleeping for long stretches but for some reason, doesn't. He's also starting to have the dreaded "awake" periods in the middle of the night, not just getting up a lot and then going back to sleep right away till the next time. That is the worst, to have him wide awake from 4--6 am. Everyone says it's supposed to get easier as they get older but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

I'm also going through this but my LO will be 3 months next wed.
    is it too early 4 signs of teething? he's also been super fussy

Quote Originally Posted by Izayah's Mommy View Post
    I'm also going through this but my LO will be 3 months next wed.
    is it too early 4 signs of teething? he's also been super fussy
    Not at all!

My eldest nephew got his first two teeth at four months, and my own son (3 1/2 months) has been teething for over a week now. Remember, even though they show signs of teething, it can still take a while for those teeth to come up through the gums.
    Some say he blows out his diapers just so he can stay naked longer... and that if you take him to IKEA, he will try to chat up the brightly colored sample rooms on display in the store. All we know is, he's called THE LANCE.
    Born 12/28/07 6lbs, 12oz 20" long
    @ 20wks: 16.5 lbs, 27" long

I to my little man! (It's the only way I can get things done!)