Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: boosting milk supply

Default boosting milk supply

what are somethings you take to increase your milk supply I am at the moment taking lactation drops and motilium.

my girl at 3 months old was 14lbs at at 4.5months is 13lb11oz. I have introduced a dreamfeed..we think cause she is sleeping 12 hours at night that that may be a reason she is not gaining weight. I am also going to increase the amount of feeds she has during the day. she has gained length was 24 inches at 3 months is now 25 inches.

I have had some people tell me that maybe she needs to go onto formula. I want to do anything I can to not have to put her onto formula. for me putting her onto formula would make me feel like a failure. I am also not wanting to start solids for at least another month..she hasn't shown any signs she is ready.

I am getting her weighed again next week and I am hoping she is back over her 3 month weight.

so yeah if you have any other ways to increase milk supply it would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: boosting milk supply

She should probably be eating at least once a night. 12 hours is too long for such a little one to go without eating. That's also probably the reason your having supply problems. It sounds like you have the problem identified, lets hope that's the fix and you won't have to supplement. And, starting her on solids isn't really going to make her gain weight since she can't have a lot of the foods that are high in fat for a while still. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

the last two nights have been good I have given her a dreamfeed about 10:30pm and she has slept right through till about 6:30am ..she was sleeping through till 7:30am before the dreamfeeds.

Im also giving her more feeds during the day. I am going back to plunket next wednesday to see if she has gained any weight.

Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)