Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump Parts in Fridge?

Question Pump Parts in Fridge?

I was wondering if I could store my pump parts in the fridge inbetween pumps at work. I have a limited amount of time to pump and I always feel like I could get one more letdown in if I could pump just a few more minutes instead of cleaning all my pump stuff. I have been using the Medela Steam Clean bags- but you still have to rinse out all the parts and take it apart and then later put it back together...
    So can I just put them in the fridge in a ziplock bag and use them again later?
    Reagan Allison
    Born 12/29/07
    7 lbs 3 oz
    Goals:
    Nurse 1 month
    Nurse 3 months
    Nurse 6 months
    Nurse 9 months
    Nurse 1 year

Default Re: Pump Parts in Fridge?

I leave the pump body attached to the bottles and put the whole thing in the fridge when I am pressed for time... sometimes I just wipe the off and put the back into my bag.... bm is good for a few hrs at room temp so I think it's ok
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

That's what I did when I didn't have time. Milk is good in the fridge for about 8 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    I leave the pump body attached to the bottles and put the whole thing in the fridge when I am pressed for time...
    i do this everytime, i put everything into a Similac cooler bag they gave me at the hospital, all put together in the fridge until next time...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I am pressed for time as well, I have found info that bm stays good at room temp for up to 10 hours. I have about 5 hours between pumping sessions so I don't worry about rinsing or washing my pump parts. I will wipe them a little. Then when I get home will wash them really good for the next day. I have not had a problem w/ my milk since I have been doing this. I was pretty particular in the beginning with washing, before I knew that bm can stay good at room temp for a few hours.
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

I don't have an office- I drive to many different places a day- so I pump in the car and transfer the milk from the pump into bottles and place all of it into a cooler!

i've been doing this for 8 months now and haven't had any problems!

I also put everything in a zip lock bag and put it in the frig between pumpings. Seems to work fine. Only problem I see is putting cold horns on the boobs....brr now thats cold!

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyscootless View Post
    That's what I did when I didn't have time. Milk is good in the fridge for about 8 hours!
    Milk is good in the fridge for about 7-8 days! So your pump in the fridge is Ok for sure!

Way too lazy for formula

I do it too - so much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilamonster View Post
    I also put everything in a zip lock bag and put it in the frig between pumpings. Seems to work fine. Only problem I see is putting cold horns on the boobs....brr now thats cold!
    I store my parts in the fridge in the lactation room. Before I leave my office to pump, I microwave my "bust buddies" for 30 seconds. They are gel packs sized for your breast with a hole for your nipples. I put them in my bra and then walk to the lactation room. The 4 minute walk with the heating pads really helps my let down. Plus when I get to the lactation room, I put the horns on the heating pads while I get the rest of my stuff set up=1 or 2 minutes. That takes the chill off.