Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ocassional pain while nursing

Default ocassional pain while nursing

I have noticed from time to time that when I nurse it feels like I am being electrocuted inside my breast. It doesn't last the entire feed, just for a short period. I have noticed it to happen more down towards the nipple/areola area and during let down. My thought was that maybe I had a clogged duct and the clog was working its way out. Could that be it or could it be something else. I have only felt it a few times and it has only been on the right since that is the only 'supply' I really have. Thought that it was kind of bizzare.

Default Re: ocassional pain while nursing

how regular is it? is it on one side? Does the pain begin deep w/in and then radiate down?
    Shannon

Happy bf, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, mother to 6 mo dd
    Happy homeschooling mommy to ds13, ds10, dd8
    last, but most impt...Happy wife of 17yrs to my wonderful dh!

Default Re: ocassional pain while nursing

Quote Originally Posted by texanmom4 View Post
    how regular is it? is it on one side? Does the pain begin deep w/in and then radiate down?

I have only noticed it 4 times within this month. It is only on the right breast (not much of a supply in the left). Feeding one I noticed it to be in the middle of the breast and it didn't move. Then on the next feed it was more towards the nipple area. Then a week later it happened again exactly the same as the first.