Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Food Poisoning and NO SUPPLY!!!

Unhappy Food Poisoning and NO SUPPLY!!!

Ok to make a long story short I got food poisoning on Monday night. I got pretty dehydrated (according to the dr). I'm still recovering and I'm BF as usual. My only problem is that I had a really good supply before and now my breasts feel so empty. They both feel as if he has just had a marathon nursing session on both. I've been drinking LOTS of water and just want my supply to go back. I have to go back to work either tomorrow or friday and I want to be able to pump enough for him. Anyone have any experience with this? How long does it take for your supply to go back to normal?

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

Default Re: Food Poisoning and NO SUPPLY!!!

How is your baby's output? Any change in the wet/dirty diapers?

Babies output seems fine I'm more worried about pumping and getting enough. I just want things to go back to how it was...it was going great.

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

Maybe your breasts feel different because you've been home with baby so much lately. Could it be that you are used to feeling a little full because you are usually separated from him a little more? Maybe he's just been nursing a lot because you are around. A pump can't do what the baby can do.