Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big boost in supply -could it be the juice?

Default Re: Big boost in supply -could it be the juice?

Could have been simply the increase of 12 oz a day of liquid

An increase of liquid is never a bad thing for a nursing mama But I am glad something worked for the OP...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Big boost in supply -could it be the juice?

Quote Originally Posted by tana'smama View Post
    My chiropractor told me when I was pregnant if I needed help with my milk supply to drink carrot juice
    I've never heard of that. Interesting! I guess the only caution would be not to go overboard and cause carotenemia.

Quote Originally Posted by tana'smama View Post
    I think I may have overdone it with the juice because now I have so much milk that Tana has a problem with the OALD....guess I'll have to pump now before feeding her but I would rather have it that way vs not having enough for her.
    I would urge you NOT to pump before feeding as this can cause the problem to become worse, not better.

Is there a reason that you're hoping to have more than enough milk?