Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big boost in supply -could it be the juice?

Default Big boost in supply -could it be the juice?

My chiropractor told me when I was pregnant if I needed help with my milk supply to drink carrot juice (juiced at home not from a can), so I tried it. My supply went from being around 3 ounces per pumping to getting almost 6 ounces per pumping. I haven't done anything different other than drinking 12 oz of juice for 3 days. The increase was almost instantaneous...

I was wondering if anyone had heard of this and if so, did they see dramatic increases like this?
    Last edited by tana'smama; April 9th, 2008 at 06:17 PM.

Default Re: Big boost in supply -could it be the juice?

I heard carrots could help, I never thought of drinking carrot juice. I just made a cup full and will try it for a few days and let ya know what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by tana'smama View Post
    My chiropractor told me when I was pregnant if I needed help with my milk supply to drink carrot juice (juiced at home not from a can), so I tried it. My supply went from being around 3 ounces per pumping to getting almost 6 ounces per pumping. I haven't done anything different other than drinking 12 oz of juice for 3 days. The increase was almost instantaneous...

I was wondering if anyone had heard of this and if so, did they see dramatic increases like this?

if this is true, i'll get a juicer immediately, Please keep us updated Irisheyez76
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

maybe why wic gives ebfing women coupons for carrots?

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Oooh, I'm going to try this!

That is so strange. I was eating baby carrots for a snack everyday when I went back to work and was having great output when I pumped, but I thought it was just b/c I was eating healthy, etc. I don't eat the carrots as much anymore, but maybe I should and see what happens. It can't hurt, right?
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

The carrot juice is the only thing that I have changed in my diet. On one pumping I got about 6 oz when I was getting a little over two. I think I may have overdone it with the juice because now I have so much milk that Tana has a problem with the OALD....guess I'll have to pump now before feeding her but I would rather have it that way vs not having enough for her.

If you guys try the juice please post and let me know if it works. I'm wondering if I should be attributing my increase to something else but I really wouldn't know what since the juice is the only thing I've done differently.

I had a hard time finding many sites that correlated the carrot juice and increase in supply but it's mentioned briefly in these sites

http://www.gumagumalu.com/health-rem...east-milk.html

http://www.holistic-herbalist.com/in...duction-1.html

http://www.yogsandesh.org/articles/6...st-Way-to-Eat-

http://www.howtoincreasebreastmilk.i...roduction.html
    Last edited by tana'smama; April 11th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Wow that is interesting! So you've just been drinking a total of 12 oz per day? I will have to try this.

Anyone else have any success?

12 oz per day. I don't know what else I could attribute such a dramatic increase in my supply to other than drinking the juice. I really hope it works for you guys....

I tried it for 3 days, I didn't notice any increase = ( I ran out of carrots though.. Just bought some more and will try for a week and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Irsheyez76; April 12th, 2008 at 04:24 PM.