Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Let down after let down

Default Let down after let down

Two questions- 1) The past two days have been a little bizarre. I've been at work talking to someone, about work-related issues, and all of the sudden I feel a let down. I can handle a random one, but then it's been followed by two more. I'm having 3 let downs within a matter of minutes and nothing should be triggering them. Is this normal?

2) I have one breast that fills up very quickly. I'm used to having one side produce more, but it also never feels emptied by the pump or when DD is actually at the breast. Can you have a clogged/blocked duct and not know it? It's been like this for about 2 weeks now. No pain.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Default Re: Let down after let down

I have letdowns for no reason...the only reason I can think of is that usually it has been a couple of hours since the last feed, and it's "time" for the milk to let down and it does it on it's own! I don't leak, so it's not a problem for me. I sometimes feel like my breasts don't get emptied either, but if there is no pain or other indications (redness, white spots on nipples), I wouldn't be concerned. Do you leak upon letdown?

I can still get random letdowns and DS is nearly 14 months old! I can have several letdowns while pumping and/or nursing. The milk just seems to keep flowing...
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

Thanks, ladies! I expect to have an ocassional random let down so that's not the issue. It's having 3 within about 2 minutes- not while pumping or nursing. It's just wierd to me for some reason, especially since it just started happening.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

I think you should feel lucky that you can have few let-downs like.... do they happens at all times or just when you have a few hours with out pumping or nursing??? I always have let-downs on its own(2) but only if I past my next pumping/nursing seasion... my lo is 10 mo and I still wear breast pads