Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ready to quit - so sad

Default Re: ready to quit - so sad

You are all the best. I feel so much better.

I do have one more question. I do use the Boppy - do I put baby in the cradle near my body, or do I lay baby on the pillow in front of me?

I am sorry this has been so hard on you. I know how you feel to some extent though. I had such a hard time with my first that I quit after 4 weeks. I just couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel with her. This time though I decided I was going to stick it out no matter what, and it was HARD! People kept saying it will get better at 6 weeks, at 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, and it never really did. I would cry and get frustrated a lot, but I kept going. I saw at least 6 different LC's, and they all said everything looked good, although it didn't feel good (I was never sure our latch was quite right, and still am not). I am still sore a lot of the time, now because she is so distractable and pulls off a lot. I can't say things are perfect now even at 6+ months, because it is still a struggle sometimes, but it is better, and I'm glad I stuck with it. My husband often says it definitely seems like things have gotten better because we seem to be happier. To some degree it is better, but to some degree I have just adjusted to our reality. I don't love it per se, but I love what I am able to do for my daughter! I hope you can stick with it, but if not just know that you have to do what is best for YOU and your baby!

hi. just wanted to lend you some support. i too had a string of soreness, blebs, blisters and last night, a spell of fever and what seemed like pus from my nipple. But the latching has improved, and so has the soreness. Some days are better than others, but generally, things do get better as you go along. Don't be too hard on yourself for not being able to enjoy breastfeeding. You are doing great!
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

Hey there, just want to add my voice to the chorus of support. You are an amazing and strong woman to keep at it this long. I wish you all the breastfeeding success in the world!!

As for your boppy question, I have used it in both positions. The laying on the side position worked better when my dd was younger (she is 14 weeks), now she more lays on her back when she nurses. I believe the function of the boppy is just to bring baby up to the height of your breasts without you having to lean forward. I am not sure that one position is better than any other, as long as baby is latched on correctly. Someone else might have better advice on that.

Hang in there! Rebecca is (you truly are!) a godsend! - wonderfully helpful advise that helped me get to seven months a few days at a time!

For what it is worth, I encountered a lot, did I say A LOT of clogged ducts. What I figured out, or so it seems, it is related (for me) to one of my bras! Even today it happened. I have not had a problem in about a month and thought it was not the bra, so today I tried the feared one, and sure enough, blocked up and in pain again. BUT! I am much wiser at getting unclogged these days. So, I opt for the stretcher, yet less supportive bra. The one that is more supportive and ... um, shall I say, doesn't reveal if I am cold or not , is the very bra that went out with the trash tonight!

Whatever you decide is best for you, remember you still did it! Which is more that many can say. You just do the best that you can, one day at a time. For me, I viewed my pain and occasional tears more tolereable than my son's crying due to hunger, and the hassle of bottles!

Good luck! Great job for being so determined to get this far, enduring so many problems.

Thank you all SO MUCH! I treasure all of your responses.