Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: boob question probably TMI

Default boob question probably TMI

so I just have to know ..... what are these little 'clogged pores/ hair follicles?' on my breasts? they've been there since just before I had the baby and all I want to do is put on one of those Biore' strips or something? is this normal? I have even gone so far as to sit down with tweezers and try to pull at each of them, but they're still here everyday!!!

I must know what they are and how I can be rid if them....

TIA
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Default Re: boob question probably TMI

Where on your your breasts, Lidarln? On your nipple? Areola? Or the outer skin? Can you please describe what you're seeing?

outer skin I guess, defeniately not on nipple, not on Areola, i tried searching the forums first and all i came up with was clogged ducts, unless those are all around my boob then no it's not that... it is a space that starts just outside my areola and goes about 2 inches away from my Areola all around my boob, top, bottom, sides etc...it really is like a clogged pore or a hair folicle, that's the only way i can describe it.... if i run my hand over my boob i feel tiny bumps (let me stop here to confess I'm a bit of a 'picker' when it comes to my skin) so then i look closely and it's little raised spots, that i can grab with tweezers sometimes and pull out???
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I have those too!! It started while I was pregnant with my son and they still haven't gone away. They are like little clogged pores or something. Or like hairs that want to sprout but only get a fraction of the way out. Is that what you are seeing? I tried to tweeze them too but there are too many of them.

I dont' remember seeing them with my first son. I don't know what they are but, they don't seem to be doing any harm so I have left them alone.

My son is 4 months. I wonder if it has something to do with pregnancy hormones?

Sorry I don't have any advice on how to get rid of them! But at least you know you are not alone

It's oil...don't pick at them!! They are there to keep your areola and nipples moisturized so that they don't get dry and cracked during breastfeeding. They look ugly, I know, but they are there for a reason. At least it's not clogged ducts! And dry, cracked nipples are awful!

It's hormonal i'm pretty sure. I have them too. Little tiny hairs. I love pulling them out, they come out so easy.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

Holy cow, I was starting to worry that something was wrong.... I've made myself crazy trying to pull them out and i've been wanting to ask SOMEONE what they might be...i'm a little OCD about my skin and it's sooo frustrating, at least i know i'm not alone!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Yep, I got 'em too... and I've had them for a LONG time! They're keratin plugs, results of overactive sebaceous (oil) glands. I have oily skin and I've had to deal with them ever since puberty.

What I found that works best for me is a warm washcloth compress, which opens up the pores and softens the plugs, followed by a good exfoliating scrub while in the shower. Afterwards, I tone, treat and moisturize the area, just like I would my face, making sure I stay away from the area that DS latches onto while nursing.

HTH!!
    Some say he blows out his diapers just so he can stay naked longer... and that if you take him to IKEA, he will try to chat up the brightly colored sample rooms on display in the store. All we know is, he's called THE LANCE.
    Born 12/28/07 6lbs, 12oz 20" long
    @ 20wks: 16.5 lbs, 27" long

I to my little man! (It's the only way I can get things done!)

I get them on the backs of my arms... EXACT same thing you are describing... I use a good exfoliating salt scrub and that seems to help, but I have to do it every time I shower or they are right back again.

Tiff
    Mommie to
    Brian Christian 4/12/06
    Bryce Alexander 11/8/07

back to work on Jan 7th and FIRED on the 31st!

'ing fool!
    http://www.virginiahypnobirthing.com
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...bymonster1.gif

Just wanted to say i don't think ANY booby question would TMI around here..lol!
    Mommy to E 12 , K 10 , A almost 6 , and Little J 20 weeks