Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: LLL meetings for couples?

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default LLL meetings for couples?

Has anyone ever been to a LLL meeting that is open to fathers? My hubby said he would be willing to attend one, but I'm just wondering how it is different from regular meetings. I'm not great at NIP, but I don't have too much hesitation around most women. I feel a little weird around men .

Default Re: LLL meetings for couples?

Our group has them every month. The evening meeting is open to dads, the day meeting is not. We just follow the same format as a regular Series Meeting and just include any dads in the discussion.

BTW - the dads are generally used to seeing a woman nurse (their wives ) so they dont even pay attn to the other moms.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

I've also known some meetings that will do a "Dads meeting" every so often.

I dont think the BF would make me uncomfortable since they are used to seeing thier wife do it and most likely think nothing of it. I think it would make me uncomfortable talking about certain symptoms..(i.e, raw cracked nipples, stuff like that) with guys around. I actually just went to my first LLL meeting today. It was for moms only. But once I go back to work the only one I can go to is a night one which husbands are invited. And yeah, it is kinda weird for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drea1599
    I actually just went to my first LLL meeting today. It was for moms only. But once I go back to work the only one I can go to is a night one which husbands are invited. And yeah, it is kinda weird for me as well.
    I'd like to mention that of all of the meetings that I've known that have been "open" to dads, I've never seen one there!

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

That's funny, Erin! I think it would be great for my hubby to meet some other dads who support breastfeeding. It would also be good for him to hear firsthand some of the reasons for delaying solids, pros of extended breastfeeding, etc. He's very supportive, but he trusts me to make most of these decisions, and I'd love for him to be able to take on my MIL himself

The meetings I've been to where dads are present they will just ask everyone if they are comfortable with that before starting. I've seen a few dads who are there to support their wives and learn a little about BF (including my DH).

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon