Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pain on one side

Default pain on one side

I was thinking it was a latch issue. Some times her latch gets uncomfortable when she's teething. But it only hurts on one side and even when she's being very careful it hurts. Maybe she bit it once and it still hurts from that, but she never bites. It was terribly painful to nurse her for a few days but now it doesn't seem quite as bad. What does thrush feel like? Can you get that on just one side? She hates it when I say ouch because she's quite sure she's not doing anything wrong. Any ideas?

Default Re: pain on one side

You can get thrush on only one side, but it usually spreads very quickly to the other. My little one's latch has changed with teething too ... it's awful now and hurts like heck. I don't have any advice ... as I'm waiting for someone to help me with my own post here - Latch Gone Bad. But I can empathize!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Thanks. I responded to yours, but its mostly rambling.

Well, pain's gone. Must have been the teething. Funny how they need to nurse more when nursing is so umcomfortable, but when, for example, the weather cools down or the teething is over, they don't need it as much.