Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: yobaby yogurt?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,280

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    It actually has 17grams of sugar in each container! I just started buying the tubes of yogurt for my 2yr old by the same company Stoneyfield. They only have 11grams of sugar in them. We freeze them and and cut them in half to feed him as a "popsicle." I was horrified at the thought of my BABY having 17 grams of milled sugar in one sitting. I still am. Even toddlers on that much sugar are scary.
    Part of the sugars are from fruit, right? Then there is added sugar. I believe YoBaby now makes a plain yogurt, so I'm sure that would be fine too.

    We use organic plain whole milk yogurt and mix applesauce in it. Or fresh fruit. Or frozen berries.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes


    Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    Part of the sugars are from fruit, right? Then there is added sugar. I believe YoBaby now makes a plain yogurt, so I'm sure that would be fine too.

    We use organic plain whole milk yogurt and mix applesauce in it. Or fresh fruit. Or frozen berries.
    I am unaware of any plain Yogurt that they make. I certainly could never find it. What are the grams of sugar in that one? And the 2nd ingredient is Organic Milled sugar if my memory serves. The fruit is like the 7th or 8th ingredient.

    Way too lazy for formula

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Yobaby does make a plain yogurt called "baby's first" or something like that. i bought some today for my 9 1/2 month old. He loves it! i got it from walmart.
    Melissa
    Mommy to 3 babies
    Emily 8.11.05 My darling daughterEvan 6.28.07 the baddest, sweetest little guy I ever met
    Eliot 6.1.2010 coming soon and soon to be again!

    I did not give you the gift of life, God gave me the gift of you.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Anyone know how to make homemade yogurt?
    Melissa
    Mommy to 3 babies
    Emily 8.11.05 My darling daughterEvan 6.28.07 the baddest, sweetest little guy I ever met
    Eliot 6.1.2010 coming soon and soon to be again!

    I did not give you the gift of life, God gave me the gift of you.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,280

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Its a new product they put out: YoBaby Simply Plain. It has no added sugar. Probably because of the downside of their sugary yogurts. Either way, we avoid even the plain stuff because I don't buy into "baby" yogurt. You pay more per ounce plus its all in individual containers which equals more waste. I do love StoneyField yogurt, the cream on the top is delicious. But we buy the big container so we can reuse it the container for leftovers, etc.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes


    Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by MelIsMomof2 View Post
    Yobaby does make a plain yogurt called "baby's first" or something like that. i bought some today for my 9 1/2 month old. He loves it! i got it from walmart.
    How many grams of sugar are in it? Zero?

    Way too lazy for formula

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    Its a new product they put out: YoBaby Simply Plain. It has no added sugar. Probably because of the downside of their sugary yogurts. Either way, we avoid even the plain stuff because I don't buy into "baby" yogurt. You pay more per ounce plus its all in individual containers which equals more waste. I do love StoneyField yogurt, the cream on the top is delicious. But we buy the big container so we can reuse it the container for leftovers, etc.
    You are such a good little Hippy!

    Way too lazy for formula

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,280

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    You are such a good little Hippy!
    My husband is the one who goes to work with leftover taco salad in a yogurt container. WITH a metal fork

    FYI there are 6 g of sugar in the Plain yogurt. Its naturally occuring milk sugar. However, I see on the nutrient/ingredient list on their site that there is Pectin added. That is a thickener, but also a sweetener, no?

    Oh, and they also make a YoMommy product. I think that must be what I should be eating. Forget one container for the whole fam. I will get Daniel the YoBaby, me the YoMommy, and pretty soon there should be a YoConstructionWorker for DH.
    Last edited by @llli*danlynclark; April 8th, 2008 at 09:06 PM.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes


    Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    COUGARTOWN Baby! From here on in!
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    My husband is the one who goes to work with leftover taco salad in a yogurt container. WITH a metal fork
    Yep. That's good. I hope you send him with a handkerchief as a napkin!

    Way too lazy for formula

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,280

    Default Re: yobaby yogurt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    Yep. That's good. I hope you send him with a handkerchief as a napkin!
    Isn't that what his sleeve is for?
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes


    Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •