Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no poop since friday?!?

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: no poop since friday?!?

I agree, try the prunes. I always used them when Clare had tummy trouble.

IIRC - prunes are low on the allergen scale
    and I agree with maybe cutting back on the solids a bit.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My DD has gone four days before since starting solids. The nurse was not concerned b/c she wasn't seeming uncomfortable and just suggested I give peaches (prunes are good too). Try having your LO sip water as well. But, when she does finally poop, see what it looks like. It should not be hard, pellet-like. GL!!

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Prunes!!! I just used them on day 8 of solids b/c Lo hadn't pooped in several days and seemed uncomfortable. My advice...they are a powerful thing I CANNOT BELIEVE the poop that happened (of course in the carseat) 14 hours later!!!

Good Luck.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Prunes helped my LO. Also, I was at the health unit today and they said that infants, when starting solids can poop once every 1-7 days.

prunes work for my lo and if they dont work i give her juice

My daughter went five days w/o a bowel movement after we introduced solids, and often three or four days. We never used a suppository (were never offered this), but nature eventually took its course without problem. We feed our LO bottled prunes/pears with every breakfast, and 'try' to get lots of fluids with meals, in addition to BM. Generally now, at 10 months, our LO has a bowel movement daily. Sometimes the stools are harder and more difficult to pass than others. I've read that carrots, apples, bananas can cause constipation, but they're hard to avoid in a well-rounded diet. When my LO starts to exhibit 'the sign' of starting a bowel movement, I ask her if she wants to go upstairs, and I help her a little bit by putting her knees to her chest - it seems to help.