Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 5 days non stop nursing

Default 5 days non stop nursing

alright so i know this is probably a growth spurt and because she is teething but i am going insane she is 3 months and 1 week old now and she hast stopped eating for 5 days, she stops so i can get maybe ten minutes of a break but thats it, even when she is sleeping its suck and swallow not just comfort nursing, she even cries if my nipple falls out of her mouth at night, i just need some verbal support since hubby works 16 hour days and cant help right now.
    My pride and joy is my family, my finace, my 9 year old son Jonathan Bengamin and my 4 month old daughter Grace Abigail, they are the greatest things to ever happen to me

Default Re: 5 days non stop nursing

Sounds exactly like a growth spurt. 12 weeks old is an approxiamate time of a large feeding frequency increase. It's temporary!
    For additional reading on the subject: http://www.llli.org/FAQ/spurt.html

It will get better mama!!! Do you have a sling that you can nurse her in so that you can get up for a minute?
    If it's warming up a little bit where you are, a change of scenery might help some too, babies get cabin fever as well.

Your doing awesome, you really are. Hang in there let us know how it's going.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Thank you, she finally passed her growth spurt, i think... As for the sling she started rejecting it 3 weeks ago and refuses to go in it now but thats alright thank you for the support and hopefully its a little break before the next one.
    My pride and joy is my family, my finace, my 9 year old son Jonathan Bengamin and my 4 month old daughter Grace Abigail, they are the greatest things to ever happen to me