Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Domperidone - dosage

Default Domperidone - dosage

I recently tried to stop taking domperidone. My supply dramatically decreased. I was back to square one where I started when I first began taking the domperidone (1.5 ounces pumped on a missed feeding).

This got me thinking about the dosage. I have been taking 1 pill every 8 hours for a total of 3 pills a day. I was wondering what others experiences are with domperidone. Has anyone found it to be more effective taking 2 pills every 8 hours?
    Last edited by jentut; July 19th, 2006 at 07:59 AM.

Default Re: Domperidone - dosage

I just started, but the Newman site says 3 pills 3x a day. Then he tells you how you should gradually stop. Look up his website-just google Dr. Newman. Then go to Domperidone 2. He says how to wean off, and how you may have to try a few times before you can. How quickly did you notice an increase w/ your current dosage? I just started a few days ago, but maybe I should cut back.

I've been taking 1 pill every 8 hours. When I first started taking it, I noticed an increase in about 48 hours. But I've heard it can take much longer than that.

I stopped (cold turkey) on Monday. I pumped at work and everything was fine. Tuesday, I suddenly dropped from being able to pump 2.5-3 ounces to 1.5 ounces. I started back up on Tuesday, 2 pills every 8 hours. I'll let you know today if there's an increase in the amount I can pump.

I don't think I would have been able to exclusively breastfeed without Domperidone. I'll check out Dr. Newman's site for info on how to gradually decrease. I may try again soon.

i just have a question how you all getting that medicine because i just came from my dovtor and she told me that she cant prescribe it and that there is nothing else to take where else can i get it from?

I got it from globalhealth.tv. I got it there b/c someone else on this site recommended it. It's a Canadian Co. In her book, The Nursing Mother's Companion, Kathleen Huggins recommends some place in New Zealand, but I figured Canada was closer. You can get it in the US from compounding pharmacies, but you need a script. My OBGYN was willing to write me one, but I couldn't find a local pharmacy. Good Luck!

Here is the link to order it, i just ordered some to see if it would help me. I am still waiting for it to arrive.

http://www.globaldrug.tv/product.asp?ProdID=1001&CtgID=

Is this stuff safe to take along with Fenugreek and the mothers milk tea?