Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7 month old missing feedings

Default 7 month old missing feedings

Hi ladies,

I've been trying to figure out if I should be concerned or not. My son has recently taken to skipping a meal when I'm not around. For example, if I'm at work he wont accept a bottle, although he'll eat some solids. I only work 3 hours a day so this isn't too bad but my biggest concern is during the days that I work and have class or need to do laundry (3x's out of a week). On those days I try to make sure we're only apart 6 hours maximum but I'm concerned that he's starving...I know he's missing at least one feeding because when I get off work I'm engorged. Am I starving him -he was doing so good at the begining of this schedule and now suddenly has changed?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: 7 month old missing feedings

Do you nurse at night? When DS had his first strike, my sister pointed out that if babies don't nurse at night, they go hours without eating and are fine. Even though it seemed like a really long time during the day, he was still getting in probably 6 feedings even when on strike b/c he would at least sometimes nurse when he was sleepy/asleep. Do you notice that he nurses more when you are together on those days?
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

Default Re: 7 month old missing feedings

During those days he will eat once at a two hours interval vs. four hours like usual. For example, he'll eat at 12:30 and then at 2:30 instead of at 4. As for nursing at night -I don't really think he does. Not like he used to when he was younger bc he would wake me up to latch him on. Now he doesn't wake up and neither do I b/c even if he helped himself it would wake me up enough to remember..I think Wow, I'm rambling..I guess the final answer would be no.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!