Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is something wrong

Default Is something wrong

My ds has started doing something really weird the last couple of days. Sometimes when she is bfind she'll make a really sour face...like she's in pain, squeeze her lips down like she's going to bite me and then pull off. She'll do it several times. I'll have to end the feeding and then we try again a little later and everything is fine. But then she'll do it again at the next feeding. It's starting to scare me cause I think something might be hurting her.
    She's 8 monhts old. Her top teeth just finished breaking through (what a nightmare!). She constantly pulls at her ears while eating but I posted a previous post and it seems to be pretty normal. She has had 2 ear infections but both times she was fevered and she hasn't had a fever. I don't think her gums are swollen so I don't think other teeth are coming in. She has been having a more difficult time going poopie. Now that she's eating some solids they are creamy and she seems to have a really difficult time getting them out. Could it be problems with her bowels? Maybe I should just take her to the doctor? Has anyones LO ever done this? Please let me know if you have any advice. Thank you so much!
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Default Re: Is something wrong

Have you recently started working out? Or any other sort of exercise regimen?

Way too lazy for formula

I haven't, I've been just as lazy as usual I don't think we've made any changes in our schedule. Other than her top teeth cutting through everything else has seemed normal.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    expecting 10/1/11

I would say that it may be that she's having a hard time using the bathroom. It's probably bc eating gets their digestive system going and makes them use the bathroom -that's how my son's always been. My son's been doing that too. He hasn't been doing it while bfing but while I'm giving him his solids for the day. I know what you mean about it looking like there is something wrong bc I nearly freaked out yesterday! When I checked his diaper though, it had the tiniest bit of dry poop so I'm assuming that it was the reason for his pained expression. I'm going to try to give him bm or possibly water in a sippy cup to drink while he eat his solids. If that helps any I let you know
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

what solids are you feeding her?

I have feed her sweet potato, avocado, oatmeal, (banana's - not for about two weeks) squash and that's about it. In the last two weeks she has only had sweet potato's, avocado and oatmeal.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    expecting 10/1/11