Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: blisters

Default blisters

How do I get rid of blisters on my nipples? They are not milk blisters, they are clear.

Default Re: blisters

Was your baby latched on differently? Perhaps your tongue rubbed the tip of your nipple?

Are the blisters still there? Are they painful?

Quote Originally Posted by LLL_Jolie
    Was your baby latched on differently? Perhaps your tongue rubbed the tip of your nipple?

Are the blisters still there? Are they painful?
    I've had the same clear blisters too ... but I know it's from a bad latch.They are very painful and are filled with clear fluid. I've used a sterile needle to pop and drain them ... is this okay? They seem to feel less painful afterwards ... gross, I know! See my post here:

Post about latch problem

I would love help/advice about our latch problem since the LLL meetings I go to are in another town and I don't have a local leader close by to help in person for a couple weeks. Thanks!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Quote Originally Posted by LLL_Jolie
    Perhaps your tongue rubbed the tip of your nipple?
    Did you mean the baby's tongue? It would be pretty interesting to see a mom give herself a blister on her own nipple! LOL! Just teasing!!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon