Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Another growth spurt?

Default Another growth spurt?

DD has been kind of a mess today... she has only slept about 10 hours in the past 24, has been super fussy and nursing every 1 1/2 hours it seems... Last time she did this was about 2 weeks ago and DH and I figured it was her 3-month growth spurt then, but she's only 15 weeks now so isn't it too early for another one? Maybe it's just comfort nursing?

I had one moment today where I actually thought "Maybe she isn't getting enough and I should supplement with a bottle of frozen..." Then I said to myself, "What would the forum ladies suggest?" Hence, no bottle.

Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: Another growth spurt?

Sorry we missed this! Weekends in the Spring are busy for a lot of mamas.

How are things going now? Any improvement?

It could have been another growth spurt, or one of those days where she is really tanking up for a new milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Peas A Chance View Post
    It could have been another growth spurt, or one of those days where she is really tanking up for a new milestone.
    Oh, you just totally hit the nail on the head! This happened to be around the same time that she rolled over for the first time!

She's doing a little better... some longer naps again.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Give Peas A Chance View Post
    i second, or third this...not too long after what i thought was a growth spurt, came another day of constant feeding, excessive crankiness/crying/screaming, and lack of sleep. just when i thought i was at my wits end. he goes and laughs (which he only did once before), lifts high up on his tummy AND grabs hold of a toy for the first time! i noticed my lo will go and do that pretty often. just when i feel like i've hit rock bottom and i'm going to break down in tears myself, he'll go and do something amazing like that.

i had another mommy tell me, just wait until they grow up and learn to say those words, "....but,....i love you, mommy." right after doing something naughty. ......she said it's terribly difficult to resist.