Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ped suggested to wean

Default Re: Ped suggested to wean

Good responses.

It sounds like you AND your baby know in your hearts/gut what you want to do.

If you are comfortable with the overall health of your baby, you may consider not bringing up feeding choices with a pediatrician that you are not sure is 100% supportive of breastfeeding at any age.

Smile Re: Ped suggested to wean

Thank you very much for your support and advice ... I have decided to ignore his ignorant comments and look for a new ped. I can't and I won't give up bf...

Default Re: Ped suggested to wean

Sorry to be rude, but this guy sounds like a real thumbgrass (pardon my attempt at family-friendly rhyming slang). In addition to the AAP and WHO information, I would show him the articles on babies dying from formula contaminated with Enterobacter sakazakii. Formula companies now admit that powdered formula is not a sterile product.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether this quack knows he'd make more money from you if you fed your baby formula because she'd be more likely to get sick.

I apologize again for the vitriol; people like this *really* irritate me.

Anybody remember The Frantics' "Boot to the Head"??

Oh, and by the way, I would inform him and his boss (and his boss, and his boss...) in writing of why you will be changing doctors.