Re: Questions about herbs..
I took fenugreek for many months because I lost a lot of supply when I started a hormonal BC. It was over 5 months that I took a TON of those pills. Then I was thinking that they were getting so expensive, and I also learned that fenugreek was an appetite stimulant (thanks Babygurl for telling me that one).
I weaned myself off the fenugreek and found other things that were more helpful for milk production in the long run.
* I slowed down a bit and make time for skin to skin contact every day with my baby
* I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast sprinkled with brewer's yeast
* I drink enough water every day (to thirst) and cut back on coffee and diet coke
* I eat more green leafy vegetables and lean proteins
* I take time out for myself and get enough sleep every day/night
I didn't cold turkey stop with the fenugreek but lessened the amount of pills each day. Then once I stopped I think I worried about it for a few days, but my supply just bounced back naturally with no problems. I think I didn't need it and the fenugreek was like my 'dumbo's feather' lol.
You will do what's right and if you feel your supply is really low you can always go back to taking the herbs! HTH.