Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should I introduce cow's milk?

Default Should I introduce cow's milk?

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the pumping thread, but here it goes.

DD is 14.5 months. I no longer pump at work, but still nurse about 4x's/day on those days and on demand on the weekends. I do still pump first thing in the morning, while I nurse the other side. (Including weekends.)

With by weekend "stash" rolling over to the work week, I've had enough EBM for her when I'm gone, with the occasional frozen bag added.

Sometimes, I feel like I want to be done with the pump completely. I only have about a week's worth frozen, so if I quit and that's gone...no more EBM!

Should I introduce cow's milk or just continue my one pumping session a day?
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: Should I introduce cow's milk?

It doesn't have to be one or the other. I never pumped when I went back to work when DJ was 14months old and he simply had no interest in cow's milk at that point. So until he was almost two he had nothing but water while away from me and with dinner. He has since right before his 2nd birthday started showing interest in Cow's milk and I indulge it, but he still drinks only water at daycare, and with his meals. You can let go of the pump if you are ready. And if your baby isn't interested in cow's milk, you don't really need to push that either . 3-5x a day is still enough nursing along with a healthy solids diet to get what they need.

Way too lazy for formula

yup if your child is nursing 3-4 times in 24 hours they don't need extra cows milk.
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/so...s.html#cowmilk

What if she wants a bottle from my mom or DH when I'm at work? She will drink out of a straw cup. Should I just eliminate bottles?
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Shelley hope you don't mind but I'm gonna highjack your thread a minute . I sorta have a similar question but mine is how do I introduce cows milk? I am completely dried up now even though she tries nothing comes out so like in the meantime till I get my supply back how do I do this. She doesn't like the taste of cows milk, I've tried giving her yogurt and she shows very little interest in that as well. Any ideas?
    My name is Rosie and I'm a mother to 3 girls and 2 boys

My girls:Janessa 10.30.93, Reanna 03.25.99 and Mylee 09.20.06
    My sons, Isaiah 07.16.97 and Shawn 09.12.08

I've tried introducing cow's milk to my daughter also, and she wants nothing to do with it! I've even tried adding strawberry flavor to it by a suggestion from a friend, (she didn't like that either!) She loves water and nursing, that's it! I wonder if she will ever like it?
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

Quote Originally Posted by jshep View Post
    I've tried introducing cow's milk to my daughter also, and she wants nothing to do with it! I've even tried adding strawberry flavor to it by a suggestion from a friend, (she didn't like that either!) She loves water and nursing, that's it! I wonder if she will ever like it?
    MY son started showing an interest around his 2nd B-day. He asks for about 1/2 a cup every 3-5days

Way too lazy for formula