Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not Getting As Much With Pumping

Question Not Getting As Much With Pumping

Hello! This is my first post here. My ds is 8.5 months old and is eating three solid meals a day. He nurses approximately six times a day. I used to be able to pump about four ounces off one breast first thing in the morning, but am lucky if I get two ounces now. I attribute this to the fact that ds is eating more solids. Still, I would like to be able to pump more for when we go out and leave the baby with my parents or for when I go to work (which is occasionally.)

It is also important to note that I do not pump regularly, only when I know I need to store some milk for when I go out or go to work. I am not a big fan of pumping. Ds makes it very difficult to pump and nurse at the same time (he loves kicking his legs! ) I have an Avent Isis manual pump. Do you think buying an electric pump would make pumping easier or more efficient, or am I off the mark? Any thoughts on what I can do to get more milk when I pump, or do I need to start pumping that measly ounce or two a day on a regular basis to build up a stockpile in the freezer?

Default Re: Not Getting As Much With Pumping

Ooops! Wrong section. I will repost this in the pumping area. Sorry about that.