Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do I start weaning?

Default How do I start weaning?

My son is 14 months old. I have not started to wean him. I think he will be OK with weaning day feedings, because i work during the day and he's become accustomed to not nursing during the weekday. But, I know he will cry when it comes to weaning at night.

I’m thinking of starting to wean the night feedings first. This way, he’ll still have the day feedings to look forward to. I can tell him to “go night-night and we’ll nurse in the morning.”

For those moms with experience, do you think this will work or am I just dreaming?

Default Re: How do I start weaning?

no advice, but I have the exact same question! DD is 14 months and I would like to wean this summer. Does your DS take a bottle at all?
    toni
    Mom to: Aylin born 1-30-07 & Zadock born 7-25-05 Mmmm...boy stew.

Default Re: How do I start weaning?

No help here as my LO doesn't feed at night..I'm curious to hear the responses since I'm having my second and would like to keep it in the back of my mind incase I'm in this situation one day. As for day feedings I found they were easier to do since I just offered her snacks or food first and she seemed to be fine with that... were down to the just before bed feeding its nice to still have the one. Does you LO need to feed to fall asleep.. maybe the night nurse is more of a comfort, habbit thing. Maybe get Daddy to go in cuddle and put her back to sleep, since she might get upset if she sees you and doesn't get the boob.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.