Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My twins are two years old!

Default Re: My twins are two years old!

That's awesome!!!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Congrats! I can't believe with twins and doing it for 2 years now, that is so great! You should be so proud of yourself! Way to go!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

WOW!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

You're my hero! That is so awesome
    ~Proud AP Mama To Natalie Ann *7/9/06* & Isabella Faith *7/6/09*~

WOW! It feels like MY birthday with all your good wishes! Thank you, everyone.

DS continues to be ill. I don't know how he is seemingly as well as he is. Since I first posted he did vomit my MM, but only when I let him have water from a bottle after nursing. On two of the last four days he did well all day and so our sitter gave him toast or a piece of apple. Both ended up getting vomitted, so we're now four full days of only MM...and today he wouldn't take any defrosted MM to speak of, which is a problem because I don't make enough to feed him exclusively fresh MM, and I absolutely had to go in to work today (really). Since I have the bug now, too, that was not fun.

I nurse him almost constantly when home. To compensate for my insufficient MM, DD got none today or last night so DS could get it all, and I feel crummy about that, but I think it's what he needs. She and our older son are staying at my husband's house to keep from getting sick and allow me to focus on DS; DH has really stepped up to the plate to help, thankfully. So far we've avoided an IV, but I think it's time to quit momma-doctoring and DS will get checked out tomorrow.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Not a fun b-day. But I hope the visit goes well and I'm sure your MM has helped a lot. I hope both of you are feeling better soon.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma View Post
    There are many women who don't even try with singletons, and here you are making it to TWO with TWO! You should be very proud of yourself and WE are all proud of you, too!

You're the bomb, Mama.
    I love it when other people write exactly what I am feeling! It saves time! Congratulations! I too hope you stick around and help pull people through the beginning. Your rough start coupled with the fact that you have two babies speaks very loudly to the fact that we are made to feed out young. Congratulations and to your LOs!

Way too lazy for formula

My daughter is approaching 1year, and we are still going strong. It's stories like this that make us keep it up. I never thought I would BF past a year. I thought one year and that's it. When I hear all of the benenfis of extended BF it keeps me going. I have never had one problem BF, it has been a perfect experience, so when I hear other women out there who are struggling just to get to 6 months I feel blessed to be able to keep going. I feel it would not only be a disservice to my LO, but also to all the other BF mom's out there if I didn't keep going while the going is good. Thank you for your experience and wisdom, and stick around I'm gonna need your help. Keep up your great work momma!
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

WOW! Congratulations!

I hope your DS feels better soon!