Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My twins are two years old!

Default My twins are two years old!

I never thought I'd be on this board. My goal was to get to six months, but I nearly didn't make it to one. Through my twins early birth, all the infections, Raynaud's phenomenon, latch problems (including DS being tongue tied and jaw deformed from in-utero positioning -- OK now), DD's relatively low birth weight, and supply issues, I nearly gave up. Even the LC gave me "permission" to quit. But I was determined.

There have been a lot of bumps in the road, not the least of which is my separation from my husband, with all the shuttling of the kids back and forth, but it's all been worth it (and we're working on reconciling).

Our twins turned two years old yesterday, and they love their "num-nu". Snuggling my twins while nursing them are the times I look forward to most in my day.

DS developed a GI infection overnight -- diarrhea and vomiting -- and the only thing he kept down this afternoon and tonight was water and MM. He's happy and hydrated despite the bug, and I'm proud of myself for being able to help him through this. Since my husband doesn't like my continued nursing, I just wanted to tell someone out there who approves.

Default Re: My twins are two years old!

Congratulations to you and your babies!! That's an amazing accomplishment.

My DS2 turned 2 yesterday also. Happy Birthday to your twins.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Congratulations! You should be an inspiration to all of us. Stick around on the boards. I am sure there are some new moms here that will greatly benefit from your experience.
    Also, to reconciling with your husband. We know you can be committed to a worthwhile cause. Hopefully, he can step up to the plate as well and do what is right.
    Wife to Michael since 11/03/01

SAHM to DD#1 1/23/95 BF 3 days
    DS#1 9/6/03 BF 6 months
    DS#2 3/1/06 BFing with no end in sight and...
    DD#2 11/04/2008 going strong.

Never thought I would tandem nurse but here I am!

214***210********200****195****190****185****180****175****170* ***165

Congratulations! That is such an amazing accomplishment!

You have done a fantastic job! It must have been incredibly difficult to continue nursing while shuttling kids back and forth and I admire your dedication in doing so.

It is very hard to not have the support of those who are closest to you. You have given your son and daughter a wonderful start in life and I know that they love and appreciate it even if they can't express it in words.

I hope that my twins will also breastfeed until they are 2 (or as long as they want to). You really are an inspiration and I hope you get some pats on the back from your loved ones.

Kristi
    and mom to Haneul and Iseul, our fraternal twin girls born 3-29-07

Congratulations! Nursing twins for 2 years and overcoming the hurdles you had in the begining- if they gave out breastfeeding medals, I think you'd be up for one!

Wow!!! Good for you Mama!!!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

way to go!
    what an inspirational story you have.

I'm so sorry you don't have the support of your husband. What you're doing is amazing and inspirational. There are many women who don't even try with singletons, and here you are making it to TWO with TWO! You should be very proud of yourself and WE are all proud of you, too!

You're the bomb, Mama.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.